Sunday, January 20, 2013

Megalomania

I was reading an assignment for my Holy Land in its Ancient Context class when I stumbled across the phrase "The pyramids have regularly been seen as the
fruits of their builders' megalomania."  I didn't know what that was supposed to mean, so I looked it up.  Megalomania had two entries. One had to do with psychiatric patients who were delusional of wealth and greatness, the other is just an obsession of great or extravagant things.  I realized my problem.  I'm a megalomanic- but only with great things. I'm anti-megalomanic with extravagant thing.  Like I obsessed with changing the world. But I seriously could care less what I am going to wear to my wedding.  I think I like my megalomania.  But if I didn't, I'm sure they would have plenty of drugs for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment