Saturday, February 16, 2013

Music Of My Life

Have you ever thought about what the background music of your life would be?  Mine would be Hot N' Cold by Katy Perry, with On Top of the World to go for the Hot moments and Lead Kindly Light to go with the not so hot ones.

So I'm not going to lie (at least right now, but just wait a min), I've been on the radio before.  I'm a shy guy. Like if I haven't met you, I probably feel awkward. And if I have met you, I've probably made you feel awkward on purpose at some point. If I didn't roll that way, determinism would throw fate in my way and I'd trip over it - making my life awkward.  Its unavoidable.  Kind of like corn dogs for lunch in elementary school.  

Life is still like The Middle school where everything is like the First Time  I heard the guitar sound and the beat of the drums and I think to myself, "what a shame that she came here with someone." #storyofmylife  

Music is an emotional catalyst.  I realized last year that I listen to music to help with all of the emotions I lost on my mission.  Namely love. Also excitement.  As you can tell, I wasn't singing Justin Beiber when I was on the radio.  Actually, I wasn't singing at all. I was Hanging by a Moment, talking in a monotone voice.  Really.  My comp was actually pretty good at singing and playing the piano.  We were a good match.  I wanted to cry oftentimes, but I didn't have to cause he was like a teddy bear to me. The girl that gets studly Kyle Lane will be eternally happy.  Before you go thinking I'm gay though, I am in love with a girl and It's [about] Time for me to get married. And its cause I've been on the radio.  

 For What Its Worth, I love Arabic music, but I have no idea what they are saying.  Its like americanized cumbia with a little bit of jazz.  After all this talk about music, I'm kind of hungry to listen to something. Like Journey. Or MoTab. I think I'm over Call the Cops.  But I'm not Over T-Swift.  I'll never, ever be getting over T-Swift. Until I

See you Again

No comments:

Post a Comment