Friday, April 5, 2013

La Busqueda Part 2: Jeffrey Hansen

I think I've already blogged once about my best friend Jeffrey.  I also blogged a while back about my last best friend Welsford Clark.   Welsford, aka Gus, shared one of my passions - helping other people progress in a gospel setting.  Jeff shares my other passion in life - learning and living truth.  
Not only do we share the same ideological views, we also share the same interests.  Like wrestling.  And lifting.  And eating.  And plaid shirts.  I didn't really talk to Jeff until about a month, month and a half into our semester.  To tell you the truth, after our first conversation, I didn't think I wanted to talk to him again cause he was a little too radical for even me.  Fetch was I wrong.  He wasn't more radical than me; he just thought more than I did.  
I think I hadn't had a good friend until Gus. When Gus died, I cried.  Crying for me is like winning a gold medal - it happens once every four years, and when it does, its awesome.  Obviously crying is an emotional experience.  I certainly didn't want my best friend to die.  Crying about it didn't bring him back, but it was my emotional realization of our friendship.  During the time, I felt that a part of God's promise would be fulfilled that "for a small moment [God] had forsaken [me], but with great mercies [he] would gather [me]."  Interpretation: I lost my best friend, but I would find another.  

I had an impression that I needed to come to Jerusalem, but i didn't have a revelation on the day that I had to.  Coming in Winter was just a logical decision for me.  I haven't felt any specific reason as to why I've come yet, but maybe it was in order to meet Jeff Hansen.  Maybe its his backrubs, maybe its his genius, but whatever it is, I know we're going to be tight for a while, or forever.  

No comments:

Post a Comment