Sunday, April 28, 2013

Welcome Home

k, so this one time, I went over to my sisters house for dinner cause it was my parent's 25th anniversary
so my sister, being the sterling child she is, decides to cook for the fam for their anniversary
my sister is pregnant
my mom, like every good mother, prepared everything for my dear sister before she had to make it so that it would delicious for us all.
well, the day came around when all the mackleys west of the 89 made their trek to Plain City for dinner
 
and....?

Ben Mackley (me) suddenly got better that morning. When I feel good, I also feel hungry. So here I am, sitting at dinner super excited cause its my first real meal since being back from the unknown
so I load a ton of orange chicken on my plate.
and before I bite in, I hear a small shriek from my mother
and an afterthought of "there's too much ginger in here"
I look around, startled, not remembering to have a ginger in the family since I was here last
and then it dawned on me.
the food was going to suck
so I sat down and began my perilous journey to a full stomach
about halfway through the chicken I realized I was going to have to ration my apple juice and reassured myself I did this everyday for 2 years
And just like any marathon runner, I paced myself
Not only did I finish the chicken before the apple juice, I left some cheesy broccoli for the finish
lets just say I'm not too sad that i'll be cooking for myself in a few days

No comments:

Post a Comment