Thursday, November 6, 2014

Throwback Thursday

I haven't blogged for a while.  So I think I will.

I am in my last year of my BYU education.  The experience has been incredible, and I know I am not done yet.  As I start interviewing across the country, there are a few thoughts I wanted to get out in the open. These thoughts are on happiness, because honestly that is all that really matters.

1. Happiness comes from people.



As I was writing that I instinctively put computers instead of people.  I work with computers all day and hate it.  I don't hate my job, I hate that the computer doesn't respond.  Computers can't feel.  Computer apathy has slowly seeped into my mind.  I don't feel as much as I would like to.





2. Happiness comes from doing what is right for the right reasons.

Don't get me wrong, doing the wrong thing for the right reasons and even the wrong thing for the wrong reason sometimes appears to bring happiness.  Like success in a sport, true happiness comes from practicing the right way and performing to that standard.  Success may not always come, but it will come more often than if poor principles are practiced.  

Really happy people are able to be happy because they get both parts of this.  They understand that they need to do right, and they are doing it for the right reason.  Many people have good intentions, but getting around to doing it is another issue. 




No comments:

Post a Comment