Sunday, September 1, 2013

As It Begins Again

Throughout my life I have always meddled in new things.  I love exploring the far reaches of set boundaries, yet I enjoy the refined class of the civilized life as well.  I don’t know what creates that split character of mine, but I do know that it creates a unique personality.  I can fit in with everyone, yet I don’t really mind not fitting in either; it really depends on the occasion.  Its really quite quaint, once you get to know me, but to get to know me you have to make an effort, because heaven knows that I can move through relationships like pacman in a maze.


As I begin this new school year, I think I finally have it figured out.  I know where I’m going, at least where I want to go.  I’ll get to the schools, eventually.  You see, I have this coworker.  He happens to be a Mexican named Juan.  Juan and I developed this idea that stemmed from a desire to start teaching English to Spanish speakers here in the States.  We will first start with some sit-down lessons, move to computer curriculum (kinda like Rosetta Stone), establish English teaching schools outside of the U.S. and take it from there.  

One thing I miss - the philosophical curiosity that led me to investigate the truth.  It's been a while since I've looked into something I didn't know.  I think there is a dichotomy between thinking and doing.  Before when I could think, I couldn't do so much.  Now that I don't think so much, I'm doing alot more.   I think school will put me in a more pensive mood, but I also need to do more now that I'm about to start a career.  My ideas now seem less and less world-changing, but more and more practical.  Whatever happens, I know there is one thing that I want to do - revolutionize education.  

No comments:

Post a Comment